THIS COURSE IS FOR MEMBERS OR FORMER MEMBERS OF HM FORCES USING ENHANCED LEARNING CREDITS
This Instructors and Mentors Course is accredited by the NCFE and is approved by the MOD through the Enhanced Learning Credit Administration Service (ELCAS). This course is designed to provide future bushcraft and survival instructors with a chance to have their skills and knowledge accredited for work in the civilian outdoor education sector.
This is a 'hands on' course. The instructors will explain and demonstrate but you will get the opportunity to have a go at everything!
- Course: Level 4 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Training Course. Accredited by the NCFE.
- Venue: Devon (Near Exeter - EX11 1LU) and Staffordshire (Near Burton upon Trent - DE13 9RS)
- Ages: All ages above 18 years welcome
- Cost: £2,100 (this includes all Level 2, 3 and 4 training)
The ELCAS Level 4 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Instructors and Mentors Course includes the following build up courses:
- Level 2 Training Course and Assessment - This is to give you the fundamental knowledge, skills and techniques needed to attain the Level 4 Course
- Level 3 Applied Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Skills Course, which is your opportunity to apply the skills, techniques and knowledge from the Level 2 Course
- Other Level 3 Courses (Primitive Crafts, Tracking, Axe Proficiency and Foraging and Cookery Courses) which will make you an all rounded instructor with a wealth of knowledge, skills, techniques and more importantly - experience. (You must have completed the Level 2 course before you attend this course.)
- You will also get master classes in a variety of subjects so that your skills are silky smooth before you start teaching.
ALL THE COURSES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
Please make sure that you do not attend any course which is part of the ELCAS Level 4 build up courses before applying for your Enhanced Learning Credit.
Course Dates and Availability
This course starts with the Level 2 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Course. The dates for this course are on this link:
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DATES. This will be your course start date.
Once you have attended your training course you will be required to attend a pass the Level 2 assessment. The dates for the assessment are on this link:
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DATES. This will prepare you for your next step.
You will also need to attend and complete the Level 3 courses below (these need to be done before the Level 4 is started):
After completing your Level 3 weekend courses you will be ready to attend the Applied Level 3 Course. Dates and details for this course is on this link:
APPLIED LEVEL 3 COURSE
You will now be ready for the Instructors and Mentors phase. For more details of this phase, please click on the link below:
After the Level 3 Courses, there are only three pre-requisites for this course:
- DBS check (formerly the CRB check (this is only to prove that you are safe to work with young people and vulnerable adults)). Survival School can organise this for you for £15.
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate. You can do this online by clicking this link: FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE CERTIFICATE. Pay Virtual College direct (£15+VAT (prices vary according to Virtual College))
- 16 Hour Outdoor First Aid Course - you can either do this with us (SURVIVAL SCHOOL FIRST AID COURSE) or with another provider.
What you do next
- If you are still serving, provide the information on this page to your Education Officer.
- Complete the forms your Education Officer will provide for you.
- If you are no longer serving, please call ELCAS on 0845 300 5179.
- Send you forms off to ELCAS and your claim form to Survival School together with the dates that you'd like to attend the Level 2 Training, Level 2 Assessment and the five Level 3 courses.
- Attend your courses.
- Reap the benefits of holding the Survival School Level 4 Instructors Certificate.
We look forward to seeing you in the woods soon.
Please complete our customer feedback survey: Feedback