The Remote Emergency First Aid Course is designed for those working within the outdoor industry, and fulfils the requirements of the National Governing Bodies for the outdoor sector. Successful completion of the course and assessment leads to attaining the 16 Hour Remote Emergency First Aid Certificate issued by our medical training partners MediPro UK, which is valid for three years.
Aim of this course is to train you in Wilderness First Aid. There is a heavy emphasis on practical skills throughout the course, with plenty of outdoor-based scenarios. The ethos of the Remote Emergency First Aid course is to provide a well-structured and well-taught syllabus, which provides the outdoor activity professional with both the competence and the confidence to administer safe and effective casualty care, should the need arise.
- Course: Wilderness First Aid Course
- 2018 Dates: 4-6 May in Devon, 22-24 June in Staffordshire and 28-30 September in Staffordshire
- Venue: Staffordshire (Near Burton upon Trent - DE13 9RW)
- Times: 7pm on the Friday - 12:30pm on the Sunday
- Ages: All ages above 14 years welcome
- 7.00pm Safety Brief
- 7:30pm Prevention of cross infection
- 8:00pm Recording Incidents and Actions
- 9:00pm Taking Casualty History
- 8:00am Emergency Action Plans, Primary and Secondary Survey, Resuscitation and CPR
- 10:15am Unconscious Casualty, Bleeding and Dressings, Eye Injuries
- 13:15pm Spinal Injuries, Casualty Handling Techniques and Head Injuries
- 3:30pm Fracture and Splints, Crush Injuries and Suspension Trauma, Poisoning and Burns
- 6:00pm Choking, Anaphylaxis, Asthma and Fitting
- 8:00am Hypothermia, Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- 9:15am Diabetes, Stroke, Angina and Heart Attach, Resuscitation Assessment
- 10:15am Scenarios and Assessments (Bleeding and Dressings)
- 12:30pm All good things must come to an end. Course departs.
The itinerary may change depending on the weather, but all subjects will be covered.
Prevention of cross infection
Recording Incidents and Actions
Taking Casualty History
Emergency Action Plans, Primary and Secondary Survey
Resuscitation and CPR
Bleeding and Dressings
Casualty Handling Techniques
Fracture and Splints
Crush Injuries and Suspension Trauma
Scenarios and Assessments [Bleeding and Dressings)
Certificated by Medipro Ltd