The Aim of this course is to introduce you to the skills needed to survive and thrive in the wilderness and woodlands. This is a one night course and is designed for under 18s. It incorporates the entire Scout's Survival Skills Badge.
This is a 'hands on' course. The instructors will explain and demonstrate but you will get the opportunity to have a go at everything!
- Course: Level 1 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Training Course. Accredited through the NCFE CQ Licence.
- Venue: Devon and Staffordshire and other counties. Please call for advice.
- Times: To suit customers. Please call for timing arrangements
- Ages: All ages above 8 years welcome but is aimed at people under 16
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS FOR 5 OR MORE PARTICIPANTS.
The course will be made up of 8 Units:
- Ethos of Survival and Bushcraft
- Safe use of cutting tools
- Shelter Building
- Fire Lighting
- Water Preparation
- Damper Bread
- First Aid and Rescue
The skills and techniques you need to live in the wilderness are expertly demonstrated and explained so that you can master them before leaving the course. You need have no knowledge of survival skills to attend this course. This is learning through experience at its best. This course is designed for Scout Groups, School Groups and Children's Charities but if you fancy doing the course, please give us a call. If you have a large group, please contact us for your own weekend.
The itinerary may change depending on weather, but all subjects will be covered.
What will you learn on the course: Level 1 Course Learning Outcomes