The NCFE has approved Survival School as a centre to run the Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills course, which has been accredited as Level 2. This course is a two weekend course run in either Devon or Staffordshire.
The first weekend, which is our Weekend Bushcraft and Survival Course, will teach you all you need to know and the second weekend is your assessment weekend. We would suggest a period of consolidation in between.
Venue: (Near Exeter - EX11 1LU) and Staffordshire (Near Burton upon Trent - DE13 9RW)
Course Dates and Availability
- 02/08/19 - 04/08/19 - Devon
- 09/08/19 - 11/08/19 - Staffordshire
- 04/10/19 - 06/10/19 - Devon
- 25/10/19 - 27/10/19 - Staffordshire
- Course: Level 2 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Assessment. Accredited by the NCFE
- Venue: Devon (Near Exeter - EX11 1LU) and Staffordshire (Near Burton upon Trent - DE13 9RS)
- Times: 7pm on the Friday - midday on the Sunday
- Ages: All ages above 14 years welcome. Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Cutting Tool Safety
- Game Preparation (mammal, fish and fowl)
- Damper Bread
- Cutting Techniques
- Shelter Building
- Fire Lighting (including friction fire lighting)
- Traps and Snares
- Water Preparation
- Natural Cordage
- Knife Sharpening
- Knife Law
- Foraging (edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, tree identification and tree uses)
- Natural Navigation
The course will be assessed by Survival School Instructors and verified by Jonny Crockett. When you book you should click on the two links below. The Learning Outcomes will give you a list of what you will be assessed on and the Student Handbook is a useful reference to any other information you may need.
What you will learn on the course: Level 2 Learning Outcomes
Please click here for the SURVIVAL SCHOOL STUDENTS HANDBOOK
For more details, please contact us on Tel: 01453 752220