Dan was born a ‘Man of Kent’, with the North Kent Downs on his doorstep. He spent most of his teenage years roaming the ancient chalk downs and patchwork woodland with a bunch of likeminded friends, enjoying the adventures of youth. Set firmly on the idea of an outdoor life, he joined the British Army in 1986 and enjoyed a full career, serving 22 years; Dan travelled the world, including Europe, Central America, South East Asia, the Middle East and the Mediterranean. He now works in the Horticultural and Arboricultural industry. Dan is married to an Army Officer, and is an expert at eating peas properly from a fork at dinner parties.
Dan has plenty of experience when it comes to teaching. He has been responsible for planning and delivering training since 1994 and gets no greater pleasure than seeing the fruits of his efforts in the smiles of success and understanding from his students. He has had a lifelong connection with Bushcraft and nature; equally comfortable with his own company on a remote mountain or passing on his skills and knowledge to anyone sharing his passion for the great outdoors.
An accomplished field sportsman and athlete, he has been attempting to win the ‘worst one liner’ championship at Survival School for nearly 10 years, where in the face of such stiff competition, a sharp wit is as essential as a sharp knife… What could possibly go gwron?
- Level 4 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Instructors and Mentors Award Accredited by the NCFE
- Level 2 Award in Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Accredited by the NCFE
- Survival School Instructors Course
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- DBS (Formerly Criminal Records Bureau Checked)
- Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate – Level 2
- HSE First Aid at Work Instructor