Dave was born is South East London and his family moved to rural Kent, where he and his friends spent most of their time fishing and building fires and shelters in the woods surrounding his home. His love of the outdoors led him to join the army where he completed the All Arms Commando course, which saw him travelling to Norway numerous times for arctic weather training, the jungles of Borneo, Canada and closer to home Dartmoor and the wilds of Scotland.
After living in several places in the UK, Dave settled in Derbyshire he continued his love of the outdoors and passion for learning Wilderness Skills by booking himself on some survival courses. These never quite fulfilled Dave’s expectations until he joined Survival School and did the Applied Level 3 Wilderness Skills Course in Scotland. This really hit the spot, which led Dave to complete all the Level 3 courses and the Level 4 Instructors and Mentors course. He recently completed the Level 3 Applied Wilderness Skills Course (Cold Climate) in Sweden.
- Level 2, Level 3 and the Level 4 Awards in Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Accredited by the NCFE
- Level 3 Applied Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills (Cold Climate)
- Wilderness Emergency First Aid
- DBS (Formerly Criminal Records Bureau Checked)
- Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate – Level 2
- NGO Game Meat Hygiene Certificate