You do not need much for a Survival School course. Please save your money and do not buy expensive kit. The more you know, the less you need to carry.
IF YOU NEED TO BUY KIT, PLEASE LET US KNOW.
- Suitable outdoor clothing (see below)
- Sleeping bag
- Insulated sleeping mat
- Knife, fork, spoon, mug, bowl and plate
- Water bottle (1 litre mineral water bottle will do)
- Torch with fresh batteries & 2 spare sets
- Wash kit & towel
- Personal toiletries & medication (to include sunscreen, insect repellent and lip salve)
- Antibacterial wipes/soap
- Pair of Gardening Gloves
- Tea or Coffee + whitener
- Small first aid kit (plasters, bandages, headache pills etc.)
- Spare change of clothing
- Camera + Notebook + pen (optional)
Outdoor clothing should be tough and comfortable. Wearing several thin layers is better than a few thick layers. A waterproof jacket and several sweatshirts underneath are sufficient. Jeans should not be worn, as they are slow to dry, clinging and cold. Natural colours or camouflage will give you a better chance of spotting wildlife. Walking boots are ideal, but wellies in wet weather and trainers in dry weather will suffice.
Please pack your torch, antibacterial wipes/soap and insect repellent at the top of your bag.