For as long as he can remember he has been drawn to the outdoors, from lighting fires and roasting marshmallows in the woods with friends to fishing and camping under the stars, and being a Hampshire lad put the great outdoors at my fingertips.
He joined the British army at 16 years of age, which further fuelled his passion for the outdoors, serving all over the world from the jungles of Belize to the plans of Canada.
It was during his time on the Falkland Islands that he decided to progress his bushcraft enthusiasm to the next level completing various military courses as well as the Level 4 Instructors Course with Survival School.
He further enhanced his adventurous spirit by completing climbing, canoeing, kayaking and caving training whilst in the army allowing him to fully utilize the outdoors.
On leaving the military after completing 22 years he got a job working for the environment agency where he continues to work outdoors.
- Level 4 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Instructors and Mentors Award Accredited by the NCFE
- Level 2 Award in Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Accredited by the NCFE
- Survival School Instructors Course
- Wilderness First Aid – 16 Hour Course
- DBS (Formerly Criminal Records Bureau Checked)
Level 2 LCML Caving Award
Single Pitch Award
4 star Kayaking and Canoeing
Level 1 Archery Instructor