Mark has worked as an outdoor education instructor/practitioner for the past 22 years. 15 of which were as a senior instructor
for local authority. He has travelled extensively and used this as a learning experience to enhance his skills and knowledge of the natural world and wilderness living.
Mark lives in the Peak District and is found most weekends enjoying the Peak Park both above and below ground!
Mark has extensive experience of delivering fun, educational courses to a wide client base including; schools groups, young people, corporate groups, teachers and military personnel.
- Level 4 Bushcraft, Survival and Wilderness Living Skills Instructors and Mentors Award Accredited by the NCFE
- Level 5 Course Directors Diploma Accredited by the NCFE
- Survival School Instructors Course
- Wilderness First Aid – 16 Hour Course
- DBS (Formerly Criminal Records Bureau Checked)
- Mark also researched, designed and accredited the Survival School CQ Level 3 Bread, Origin, History and Evolution Course and Survival School Level 3 Fielfcraft, Animal observation and Tracking Courses.
- Mountain Leader Training Executive – Mountain Leader Summer Award (ML) and Single Pitch Award (SPA)
- Institute of Outdoor Learning – Accredited Practitioner of the Institute of Outdoor Learning
- British Canoe Union (UKCC) – 3* Canoe, 3* Kayak and Level 2 Coach
- Survival School CQ Level 3 Range Master, Axe and Knife Throwing Course
- Level 2 Food hygiene certificate
- Child protection and safe guarding level 2
- Mark also runs Peak District Survival School that holds endorsements including: AALS, LOtC